Thursday, July 17, 2008

Emissions Trading Scheme

I think we should start this one off with a link to today's article regarding this. Emissions Trading Scheme

From what I understand, we are all going to be paying yet another tax based on "pollution" but it seems like the taxes from this are not even going to be used to alleviate the "pollution" issue.

Why on earth does another tax happen and then it's being redistributed to the low income earners, pensioners, carers and such?

I really don't understand how our government can think by taking more money from people is going to make anything any better. All I can see is those of us that do contribute to the economy are going to be slugged yet again and in the end we will all have to increase our prices to make up for it, which in turn will end up hurting the other end of the scale.

I will admit it, I never voted for the labour party and never will. Everyone that didn't vote for them knew this sort of crap was going to happen and now are dreading it even more.

If this tax has to come in, 100% of the funds should be put back into the country as subsidies for those that do help with pollution by adding solar power, changing their cars and anything else that they can do to help. 

It should also be given back to businesses that help with it. For some reason a business couldn't take advantage of the water tank refunds and refund for adding gas to their vehicles because they are a business. Why, they are the ones that use more of everything so they should be allowed to help out and be able to take advantage of the refunds as well.

Ok that's enough of my rant today. This one got to me as I'm really sick of this government we have in.

Faz Out 



No comments: